Sunday, February 7, 2010

Well it has been exactly one month since I last wrote in here. I know... I know... Im sorry! I know some of you have been asking about my life. The rest of you know whats up since I talk to you alot. So just an update... YES I finished the Master Cleanse.I felt so0o0o0 good after it. I learned alot from that event. It was hard only the first couple of days and once I got to day 4 it was pretty smooth after that.I ended up losing 10 lbs and another 5lbs since then.. Not too shabby eh?
Ok on to the next topic on my mind....
Ok so im in Utah now!Yup 3 WEEKS ..I am liking it alot. Its definitely different from Cali..
A good different.
Heres a thought on my mind... Why are people so cliquey?
I mean ALOT of people here are very into just sticking to their little group.
Whatever happened to making friends?
Going out of your way to help and befriend others?
My whole life I am usually the one that has to go up to people and initate a convo.
Not that I mind doing that... but when you're the new girl in town where is everyone?
I guess I just wont ever understand that kind of mindframe.I miss Fresno & Heritage YSA Ward!
Its ok because although I might walk a lonely road, the Savior is by me every step of the way.I am always blessed at the end of the day.
One last thought... at times it might seem like life can be unbearable,unfair,sucky, and downright hardddd...
BUT..
Guess what?
Elder Henrey B Eyring said in a conference talk from 2 or 3 years ago(paraphrasing) that our challenges are our time to prove ourselves to God. It is not only a time to show him what we are made of and grow.. but a time to show him how we handle the trial. How do we handle our trials?Do we do it grudgingly, bitter, and angry.. or humbly,readily, and ferventley?
Im not perfect, and I have so much to learn, so much room to grow, im so human and carnal... HOWEVER...I am so grateful for my trials for they refine me.
NEWHOO...O'doyll RULES! ;)

1 comment:

  1. First of all, congratulations on completing the cleanse diet and for the weight loss incurred. That's awesome! Second, I totally agree about the cliquey thing out here. It can still end up being that way after you get married and have to live in the Provo/Orem area. I miss a lot of things about Heritage Ward and watching the members embrace new people every week was one of them. I did not feel as embraced as i would've liked to have been. I think part of the reason for that is because everybody is waiting for somebody else to approach them. The majority of the people here are new and from out of town so it seems like everyone is just standing idly by waiting for a friend. I think that's great that you go out there and introduce yourself and make friends. Even though it may seem like you are "forcing friendship" upon some people. And you will come to find, if you haven't already, that some people are glad to welcome you into their circle of friends and others are content with the friends that they have. And it's not that they don't like you, they just like their normal ebb and flow and would rather that not be disturbed. I will always miss Fresno and there is nothing that will change that, but it helps spending time with those from home. So, my baby hasn't come yet, but when she does please come visit us. And as soon as I've recovered from it all I hope to see you even more!

    P.S. I was just reminiscing with my husband the other day about King Elephant and how we made up the sign for Mr. Burns. "Smiiiiithers!"
    P.P.S I am going to facebook you my number and I need yours!
    P.P.P.S Sorry this is so long!


    P.P.P.P.S. Love ya! :-)

    ReplyDelete